Macmillan Cancer Support needs your help to support living with cancer - the pandemic has had a huge effect on people's health as thousands of people have had their cancer treatments delayed.
You can pledge to give up alcohol for 14, 21, or 31 days - however long you choose to go sober, you will be raising vital funds to help Macmillan on its mission to support those living with cancer in the UK.
Giving up alcohol can benefit you as well: it has great health benefits, such as having more energy, a clearer head, and sleeping better (plus no hangovers!)
Benefits of going sober
- Helping people living with cancer. By taking part in Sober October and raising money, you are helping Macmillan to do whatever it takes to support people from the moment of cancer diagnosis.
- More time on your hands. You’ll have time to fit in a morning gym class or weekend run, check out the breakfast menu at a new restaurant or learn something new once you’ve banished those horrible hangovers.
- Better sleeping pattern. You’ll wake up with a spring in your step and increased energy levels – who knows what greatness you could achieve?!
- A happier bank balance. By giving those alcoholic drinks a miss, just think how much you’ll save!
- A healthier you. With a clearer head, clearer skin and free from hangovers, you’ll be feeling on top of the world.
Sober October is an 18+ fundraising campaign aimed at challenging social drinkers to change their habits for a month and make some healthy lifestyle changes. We would encourage people to drink responsibly and stick to the recommended daily guidelines for the rest of the year. We advise heavy drinkers or people dependent on alcohol to speak with their GP before signing up to Sober October.