Key board contributions
The Healthwatch Board will support the Governance structure of Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh by:
- Providing a steer on Healthwatch priorities, the Enter and View programme and identifying key public concerns
- Advising the Healthwatch representative to the Health and Well Being Board, giving a steer on public concerns
- Receiving reports on community engagement and communications activity and gives a steer on future plans
- Consulting on Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh commercial work to demonstrate there is no unmanageable conflict of interest
- Contributing to the Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh Annual Report
- Contributing to the Quality Assurance and Accounting process
- Inputting to the Healthwatch response to consultations
Key skills and responsibilities
It is anticipated that board members will be able to demonstrate either experience in health or social care provision or in the receipt of health or social care and a clear interest in securing improvements in these areas for the community. As individuals, members are expected to:
- Attend meetings being prepared to contribute to soft and local intelligence.
- Develop a thematic interest in particular areas of interest/expertise (e.g. mental health, children and young people, adult social care, volunteering, carers, etc).
- Challenge the content of papers and presentations based on own experience and interests.
- Develop links with Healthwatch Champion organisations and individuals to support the development of effective networks.
- Make every effort to attend meetings. If members miss 3 consecutive meetings in any one year, they will be deemed to have resigned unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Respond in a timely manner to emails, calls and invitations.
- Be willing to participate in training and development activities.
If you are interested in the position of Board Member for Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh then please contact the team and to find out more details
Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes diversity.