Wigan Borough’s new infection rate has remained very low in comparison to neighbouring areas, so rules restricting certain businesses to reopen and mixing of households have been lifted.
This means that from Wednesday 26th August:
- You can socialise in groups of up to 2 households indoors
- You can stay overnight at somebody else’s home but try to social distance
- Close contact services such as facial treatments can resume
- Bowling alleys, roller rinks, soft play centres & casinos can reopen
If you have further questions relating to what you can and cannot do, visit the government webpage.
Weekly COVID-19 Tracker
The following information has been supplied by local councilor Paul Collins:
The weekly Covid-19 tracker was published on Tuesday. It shows:
- The number of new cases per week is slightly lower than this time last week
- Our rates remain low compared to regional and national figures
- Our neighbours are seeing slight increases, which is why we cannot be complacent
- We have had no COVID-19 related deaths in the latest week