Quarterly Report: October - December 2019

Throughout the year we look at the issues that are important to you. We are currently in quarter three, this quarter focuses on information collected from October to December 2019
branded magnify glass

Overview

Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh are the people's champion of health and social care within the Wigan borough. We listen to your experiences and use them to improve local services by raising your concerns with key decision makers within the Wigan borough to make sure that local voices are being heard. 

Snapshot Report of Quarter Three 

  • We have met dozens of local residents through different community events, external meetings and through our engagement activities. 
  • Social media users have seen our post over 21,000 times
  • We have received over 35 public enquiries through our information and signposting function 
  • The number of hour for our volunteer activity totals 291 
  • We have produced 5 feedback reports on topics collected through our engagement activity
  • We have completed 2 Enter and View visits within the Wigan borough 
  • We have resolved 10 advocacy complaints within the quarter with 12 new complaints advocacy complaints raised and 12 on-going complaints currently in process of being resolved. 

Reports in more detail

Leigh Family Practice Enter and View Report - Key Findings 

  • 81% of patient, carers/family members rated Leigh Family Practice as good, very good or excellent

  • 80% of patients, carers/family members felt that they had enough time during appointments to speak with the GP/nurse/clinician. The remaining 20% said that they did not always have enough time and felt slightly rushed on occasions
  • 91% of patients, carers/family members rated the staff overall as good, very good or excellent

Find Out More 

Dr Khatri and Partners Surgery Enter and View Report - Key Findings 

  • 100% of patient, carers/family members rated Dr Khatri’s practice as good, very good or excellent and that they felt listened to and were always treated with dignity and respect.
  • 87.5% of patients, carers/family members felt that they had enough time during appointments to speak with the GP/nurse/clinician. The remaining 12.5% said that they did not always have enough time and felt slightly rushed on occasions.
  • 100% of patients, carers/family members rated the staff overall as very good or excellent stating that the staff are always friendly and helpful, and the GPs are fantastic.
  • 100% of patients, carers/family members said that at their last visit to the surgery they were given enough time with the GP/nurse/clinician, listened to and had tests and/or treatment explained to them.

Find Out More 

A week in A&E Report 2019 - Key Findings 

  • Out of the 79 local people we spoke to, the most common health problem leading to a person’s visit to the Emergency Care Centre was:  
  1. an accident - 28% 
  2. a new symptom - 25% 
  3. a change or worsening of a current condition - 20%
  • Other issues ranged from sports injury to breathing problems with some child related issues such as fever, swallowing something and abdominal pain.
  • Most people we spoke with had experienced their health problem for a duration of 1-7 days before attending A & E

Find Out More 

Snapshot Report: Cancer Information 

The key purpose of this report was to inform local people and Primary Care professionals about what is available within the community to support cancer patients, their families and carers

What did we ask?

What mental health support is available to local people who have received a cancer diagnosis; and what would help professionals to support their patients, carers and families in the community?

Find Out More 

Snapshot Report: Stroke Information 

The key purpose of this report was to hear about the changes to Community Stroke Services in the Borough and to hear of local people’s experiences about support following hospital discharge after a stroke

What did we ask 

What support do local people want following hospital discharge after a Stroke?

Find Out More 

Share your thoughts

You can help make health and care services better by sharing your experiences and ideas.

Talk to us