Part of the local Healthwatch programme is to carry out Enter and View visits. Healthwatch Wigan and Leigh authorised representatives carry out these visits to health and social care services to find out how they are being run and make recommendations where there are areas for improvement.
The purpose of the visit was to capture the experiences of patients, carers/family members and staff at Atherleigh Park.
- Overall – patients were content with the care being provided.
- Activities – there were many ongoing activities planned, and patients felt they could take part if they wished.
- Food – the food was good enough for most patients, though a small number did not like it.
- Care plan – some had seen their care plan, though others had not or did not know it in detail
- Individual Mental Health Advocacy – there was advice on getting an advocate and those that had them were happy. A smaller number were not aware of the individual mental health advocacy offer